Glacier Express – Famous Swiss train ride and an Unesco World Heritage
The most beautiful aspect of the Alps: You can enjoy the impressive mountain scenery between St. Moritz/Davos and Zermatt (or vice versa) on a 8-hour journey in the world’s slowest express train. In both summer and winter, the Glacier Express travels through this UNESCO World Heritage region and climbs to its peak over the Oberalppass at an altitude of 2,033 meters.
Throughout your journey, you will hear fascinating background information and stories about the route over the train’s information system. And, if you begin to feel a little hungry along the way, we prepare delicious specialties in our own onboard kitchen and serve them at your seat. Make a reservation now, and experience an unforgettable journey with the Glacier Express.
- Two UNESCO World Heritage sites (Jungfrau-Aletsch-Bietschhorn and Albula/Bernina)
- Oberalppass at 2033 m above sea level
- Catering concept with meals served at your seat
- The Rhine Gorge – Switzerland’s very own «Grand Canyon»
- Panorama cars in both 1st and 2nd class
- Passenger information system with headphones